Be a Part of a Team That Makes a Difference
Root for Kids is a non-profit organization located in Southern Utah that provides support for children and families in need of extra care. Since 1993, Root for Kids has provided over 16,000 families with the extra help they need to navigate challenges and ensure that every child in our community has the skills they need to excel in school and in life. We help provide education and nurturing support to create an environment for optimal growth and development for each child.
Root for Kids is seeking a dependable person to substitute as part of a team in an Early Head Start child development center, teaching and caring for 8 children ages birth to 3 yrs. old. Must be someone who really cares about children and their outcomes and has experience working with very young children.
- Full-time, temporary position that could become permanent.
- Job requires the preparation of age-appropriate daily activities and the setup of daily classroom and playground experiences.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree or a Child Development Associate Certification (CDA) required, Bachelor’s degree in early childhood or a related field preferred.
- Requires some paperwork and basic computer skills.
- Applicants must pass a background check and e-verification.
- This position needs a person who is fully mobile, able to speak and hear and able to lift 20 lbs., with accommodations made for those with disabilities.
- Starting wage ranges from $13.00 to $14.00 per hr. based on level of education and experience.
Employees are required to get the COVID Vaccination unless they have an ADA medical exemption or Title VII sincerely held religious belief exemption. Building and equipment is regularly sanitized. Limited number of people in the building.
Root for Kids seeks a dynamic, self-directing individual for the position of Speech-Language Pathologist to join our Early Intervention team providing services to infants and toddlers and their families in individual and group settings.
- Full-time, some-what flexible hrs.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA or FSA, PTO, paid vacation and holidays, as well as a 403(b) retirement option with a generous employer match. Student loan payment assistance available
- Requires a license to conduct Speech/Language therapy in the State of Utah, with a license in Arizona a plus. Root for Kids can provide supervision for obtaining CCCs.
- Requires the ability keep accurate and timely records, and good computer skills including data entry.
- Applicants must be legal to work in the US and pass a background check with fingerprints.
- Must adhere to required health evaluations and immunizations, including COVID vaccination.
- This position needs a person who is fully mobile, able to speak and hear clearly and able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- This is a home visit program that requires reliable transportation and a valid driver license to travel to home visits.
- $25.00-$35.00 per hour depending on experience.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com or call Root for Kids (435) 673-5353 x122.